Final Instructions - Rd1 Grittenham
Round 1 Grittenham SN15 4JW
Sunday 18th April 2021
The Shaw family and Nora MX 2021 Team welcome you to your 2021 Race season.
Covid 19 has not gone away so let us all be cautious and mindful and we as a family appreciate your support for the changes that we have put in place so we can continue our race season in line with ACU and Government advise, and with everyone’s health and safety a priority.
Prizes and Trophies Evening –
The 2020 Trophy presentation will take place at the Marque by the Timing Truck and will start at 6.30pm. There will be raffle tickets on sale during the day in aid of our Nora MX two chosen charities for the 2021 race season - Cancer Research and Thames Valley Air Ambulance. There will also be a Stumpy Auction – We appreciate their won’t be glitz and glam this year but come along and join the fun from 6.30 pm.
· Gates open 2pm Saturday and 6,30am Sunday.
· Signing on at the gate from 2pm Sat and 6.30am Sunday including any admin / signing on queries
· Camping open from 2pm on Saturday and £10 fee paid at the Gate on entry - please display camping ticket on your dashboard. You will also receive a camping lottery ticket – please bring with you to the riders briefing on race morning (snooze you lose).
· Vehicle parking, all vehicles to be parked as per the social distancing parking instructions of Nora MX club officials – all vehicles to be parked with awning / door side to your neighbours’ blank side.
· Additional cars will be parked in a separate zone.
· No Public Spectators permitted.
· Warning ! Speeding is permitted on track – but when in the pits it is WALKING SPEED ONLY.
· Tuck Truck Catering will open Sunday.
· Hand sanitizer stations positioned around pit areas.
· Please respect all Covid social distancing and guidance signage.
· Please take your Rubbish Home. (Bags will be given to you at the entry gate).
· Scrutineering at your van from 2pm Saturday and 7.30 – 8,30am Sunday and will be as per ACU Covid19 special arrangements: - Machines/helmets/body armour etc. will be inspected visually by the Technical Official - under the supervision of the Technical Official the competitor will be instructed to demonstrate the working condition of brakes, throttle and footrests etc. A visual inspection of the helmet for signs of damage and the presence of a gold stamp will be carried out without handling the item. Please find Albert or Geoff in the pits if your bike has not been scrutineered before racing starts.
· Transponder hire and collection at back of timing truck from 2pm Sat and 7.30am Sunday it is £10 hire charge for the day with £20 refundable deposit)
· No Tannoy on site.
· NO starting bike engines before 9.15am Sunday.
· Kill switches will be checked in holding area at practise session.
· Please remember Dogs Welcome on leads.
· No Campfires.
· BBQ’s on Stands.
· No loud music after 10.30pm and generators of at 11pm.
· Noise Testing will be carried out. The organisers / Clerk of the Course will at random carry out noise testing during any race day.
· Race schedule for Sunday will be on the board outside Timing Truck from Saturday.
· There will be a 2 lap practice Sunday Morning.
· Ladies Championship to be contested within the Inters group.
*Note – All rider placement at organisers discretion during the race season.
Nora MX require a “play nicely” on and off the track and including on social media as poor or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Race Day Sunday 18th April 2021
All bikes need to display your correct race number on front & rear number boards, if incorrect then this will need to be rectified before you can race.
· Rip n Roll Holeshot Prize – Inters (first race of the day only)
(Goggles – Please come to the Race Truck to Collect, kindly sponsored by Rip N Roll).
Race Day Marshalls:-
8.15 – 8,30 am Marshalls meet at rear of race truck to sign on and collect Marshalls PPE packs, lunch voucher, flags.
8.30 Marshalls briefing and on marshal points 9am.
8.30am Riders Briefing - all riders must attend. (don’t forget your camping lottery ticket – prize to be won!).
Pro / Pro have bikes ready in holding area for 9.15am.
Race times are for guidance only, Race durations are subject to change depending on conditions.
The decision of the organisers on any matter at any time is final.
Wishing you all a safe and great days racing.
Thank you - Richard Shaw and the Nora MX Team