NORA-MX RACES TO SEASON FINALE
The last round of the Nora-MX 2020 Championship sees the club travel to West Meon, near Petersfield, Hampshire this Sunday the 4th of October.
This is the Nora-MX club’s first visit this year to the popular, fast and flowing natural hillside track. It was originally scheduled to host the opening round of the series back in March, but was cancelled thanks to the British weather.
ACU British Masters leader Ed Davies heads into the last round with a healthy points margin. Image: John Cook
As the competitors head to round 7, most of the championships are still wide open and will go to the wire. With 120 points on the table and an additional 100 points guaranteed to every rider who completes the first race, it’s anyone’s guess as to who will be crowned the Nora-MX individual class champs.
With a margin of 88 points , Harry Walker leads the ATVs Only Pros ahead of George Day and Carl Bunce, while Jack Naylor is looking pretty comfortable at the top of the ProAm class with 116 points over Thomas Chell and then Marcus Sprason in third.
Of the five ACU British Championships, the British Masters and British 100cc titles look to be going home with Ed Davies and Frank Marston. Both riders - at opposite ends of the racing age range - have completely dominated their respective classes, taking maximum points from every 2020 Nora-MX round thus far. They’ll be aiming to finish the season in conquering style.
Elsewhere, Alfie Walker leads the British Clubman, Chad Beevers is out front in the British 250cc and Catrin Davies holds a strong lead in the British Ladies. Of note in the Youth classes, young Harriett Mewse is holding an impressive third in the British 100cc behind the aforementioned Marston and Ellie Stott – Mewse is on a 50cc machine.
As with all rounds so far this season, on-line entries ONLY are accepted via the ACU – ENTER HERE. Day licences will also need to be pre-purchased.
On-line entries close at 1pm this Friday, the 2nd of October. Telephone entries after this date will be accepted at the discretion of the Club Secretary by calling Gemma on 07887 737888.
Spectators will not be admitted.
NORA-MX 2020 CHAMPIONSHIP POSITIONS AFTER SIX ROUNDS (top three per class);
Pro ATV's Only Championship
1. Harry Walker 696, 2. George Day 608, 3. Carl Bunce 581
ProAm AJ Wilcock Diamond Championship
1. Jack Naylor 715, 2. Thomas Chell 599, 3. Marcus Sprason 561
ACU British Clubman/Elite Quadbikes R Us British Championship
1. Alfie Walker 725, 2. Robbie Wood 680, 3. Danny Smith 623
Clubman Elite KIK Championship
1. Alfie Walker 734, 2. Robbie Wood 688, 3. Danny Smith 632
Clubman Quad Bikes R Us Championship
1. Joe Pryke 707, 2. Bradley Watson 606, 3. Jack Evans 582
ACU British Masters (BoA) British Championship
1. Ed Davies 760, 2. Chris Keitch 630, 3. Johnny McKnight 586
Master A Barretts of Aspry (BoA) Championship
1. Ed Davies 760, 2. Chris Keitch 633, 3. Johnny McKnight 601
Masters B NM Flooring Championships
1. Richard Clark 658, 2. Matthew Kirk 633, 3. John Hall 622
ACU British 250cc Arrow Self Drive British Championship
1. Chad Beevers 751, 2. Luke Berlyn 695, 3. Josh McKnight 671
250 Open Arrow Championship
1. Chad Beevers 751, 2. Luke Berlyn 699, 3. Josh McKnight 672
250 Air Cooled ED Racing Championship
1. Ross Dillon 705, 2. Andrew Black 618, 3. Arthur McDonald 600
Inters MX Academy Championship
1. Tom Bainbridge 692, 2. Catrin Davies 671, 3. Harry Walker 600
ACU British Ladies K ATV Championship
1. Catrin Davies 752, 2. Georgia Lent 671, 3. Nicole Lowry 632
Novice Brake House Championship
1. Myles Mott 651, 2. James Lees 647, 3. Will Mead 634
ACU British 100cc Lamo British Championship
1. Frank Marston 760, 2. Ellie Stott 616, 3. Harriett Mewse 535
100cc Auto Richard Clark Championship
1. Jay Sams 648, 2. Luca Shaw 614, 3. Seth Balaam 602
100cc Open/Geared Brake House Championship
1. Frank Marston 760, 2. Ellie Stott 637, 3. Amelia Talent 579
50cc Auto Stumpy DJ Championship
1. Harriett Mewse 757, 2. Jackson Marriott 651, 3. Shay McKenna 611
For further information or assistance call the Nora-MX club secretary on 07887 737888, or email firstname.lastname@example.org